Zucchini & Chickpeas
A quick recipe to whip up in about 20 minutes. Great over rice, quinoa or other grains!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1.5 lb zucchini, washed, sliced
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil or butter in a deep pan over a medium heat
2. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
3. Add the chickpeas.
4. Cover and cook for 8 minutes
5. Serve over rice, quinoa, couscous, or other grain.
**You could easily vary this recipe by adding complimentary flavors such as lemon and thyme or cumin and tomato sauce, etc. This is a great base for experimenting with flavors**
Recipe adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/saut-ed-zucchini-chickpeas-144762