Zoodles with Red Sauce
Zucchini noodles, or “zoodles,” are much easier than you would think. They can be used in place of pasta in any of your favorite recipes. Here is a quick guide for an easy weeknight meal.
• 2 Medium Zucchini (about one zucchini per person is a good rule of thumb)
• 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes or 1 Jar of Prepared Tomato Sauce
• Dried or Fresh Herbs of your Choosing
1. Spiralize your zucchini. If you do not have a spiralizer, a vegetable peeler or cheese grater will work just fine. Slice the zucchini into thin, spaghetti like strips.
2. While preparing the zucchini, place a large sauce pot on the stove, filled with water about halfway. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, place a strainer over the pot and add the zucchini to the strainer. This will steam your zoodles. Steam until the zoodles are al dente, about 5 minutes.
4. Heat canned tomatoes or canned sauce, adding spices to your liking. Toss zoodles in sauce and serve. Finish with cheese or fresh herbs if desired.
Recipe adapted from [https://www.jaroflemons.com/vegetarian-zucchini-spaghetti-w-red-sauce/]