- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- Juice and zest of one lemon or lime (about 3 tablespoons juice)
1. If possible, grind sugar and basil leaves in a food processor
2. Blend the watermelon
3. Blend the sugar and basil into the watermelon juice
4. Stir in lemon or lime juice
5. Pour mixture into a 9 inch square pan and freeze. Should freeze after a few hours.
6. Scrape with fork into dishes to serve. As an option you can top with whipped cream.