Vegetable Lasagna Roll-ups
Enjoy this twist on a traditional Italian meal!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bunch broccoli, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 16 oz. bag baby carrots, chopped
- 1 16 oz. box lasagna noodles
- 1 32 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 24 oz. jars tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté chopped broccoli and carrots until tender, about 7 minutes. Place in a large bowl and refrigerate until cool.
3. Cook noodles, drain, and lay flat until cool.
4. Mix ricotta with garlic powder, oregano, basil, and salt to taste. Add ricotta mixture, parmesan, and mozzarella to bowl of broccoli and carrots; mix well with spoon.
5. Using spatula spread ½ cup filling onto length of each lasagna noodle, leaving ½ inch at each end so roll-ups don’t overflow; roll each one tightly.
6. Spread half of tomato sauce on bottom of deep baking pan; place roll-ups seam side down. Cook in oven for 45 minutes.
7. Remove and top with remaining tomato sauce; cook for 15 more minutes.
Recipe adapted from In Style magazine.