Turnip Fries w/ Avocado Sauce
Crisp, baked turnip fries are not only a great way to use up your turnips, but taste as amazing as regular French fries. The spice and crunch of these fries are complimented by a cool, smooth avocado dipping sauce. However, other sauces or gravies may also be enjoyed with these fries!
- 4 turnips or rutabagas, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch fries
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 medium avocado, pitted
- 2 tbsp. light miracle whip (or replacement)
- juice of 1/2 lime
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. In a bowl, toss turnips very well with the chili powder, oregano and olive oil.
3. Lay turnips out flat onto a lined and greased baking pan. Bake 30 minutes, flipping each turnip halfway through.
4. While the fries bake, combine the avocado, miracle whip, and lime juice in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Serve together.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.bethehappysoul.com/home/baked-spicy-oregano-rutabaga-fries