Tuna Stuffed Zucchini
This recipe is easy and fairly quick to make. Tuna and zucchini go great together!
- 3 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 cans tuna, drained and flaked
- ¼ onion, grated
- 1 tomato, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Fill a large pot with salted water, place the zucchini into the pot, and boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes to soften. Remove the zucchini, slice in half the long way, and allow to cool. Scoop out the flesh from the zucchini halves, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Set aside the scooped out flesh in a bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Lightly grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
3. Place the zucchini flesh into a bowl, and mash well. Mix in the tuna, onion, tomato, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and black pepper. Lightly stuff the zucchini shells with the tuna mixture. Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil over each stuffed zucchini half.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are slightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tuna-stuffed-zucchini/