Tortellini & Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons or olive oil or vegetable oil of choice
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large or 2-3 spring onions, diced or several scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic or 1-2 finely chopped garlic scapes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or substitute dried rosemary (optional)
- 2 14oz cans vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 9oz (about 2 cups) tortellini, preferable spinach and cheese
- 4 tomatoes, diced (plum variety, if available)
- 2 tablespoon vinegar (red-wine, if available)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown, 6-7 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary, cook, stirring often until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook; stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini are plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6-10 minutes.
- Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.
**Small ravioli, stuffed shells or pasta of choice, including vegetable pasta, can be substituted for tortellini.
Recipe adapted from http:/EatingWell.com Compliments of Price Chopper Savings Book