Sweet Corn Risotto
Sweet corn risotto is creamy and decadent yet light and perfect for warm summer evenings!
- 6 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (~ 3 small ears)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large shallot (or ½ small onion, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or white wine vinegar)
1. In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil then reduce heat to low and keep broth covered.
2. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat then add corn, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 6-10 minutes. Remove from heat and place mixture in a bowl.
3. Melt remaining butter and olive oil in the skillet. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir for 1 minutes. Add wine then stir until nearly absorbed by the rice. Add 2 ladleful’s of chicken broth and stir constantly until nearly absorbed, then add another 2 ladleful’s and stir, etc. until rice is creamy and al dente, about 25-30 minutes (may not use all 6 cups of chicken broth).
4. Remove skillet from heat then stir in parmesan cheese and corn mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from: http://iowagirleats.com/2015/08/21/sweet-corn-risotto/