Summer Squash w/ Citrus-Herb Dressing
- 1 ½ lbs. medium size summer squash and/or zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove or garlic scapes, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cut squash lengthwise in half; then into ¼-inch-thick wedges about 1½ inches long. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
2. Sauté minced garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add squash, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until tender.
3. Pour Citrus-Herb Dressing (see below) over squash, tossing to coat. Garnish with lemon slices and top with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or use Yellow mustard, it’s just more tart)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Whisk together all ingredients in medium bowl.
Adapted from a recipe submitted by Shirl Cieutat, New Orleans, Louisiana to Southern Living, August 2004.