Spicy Peanut Slaw
Try this versatile Thai-inspired slaw with just about anything... from BBQ pork ribs to broiled salmon or even stuffed into a chicken sandwich.
- 1 medium head Napa cabbage
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup loosely paced cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Peel of any blemished outer leaves from the head of cabbage and discard. Starting at the leafy end, slice the cabbage crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Stop slicing when you are 2 inches from the core end. You should get about 8 cups of shredded cabbage. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut off the hairy root end of the scallion and discard. Peel the outer membrane of the scallion and discard that as well. Wash. Thinly slice the white and light green parts and add to the bowl.
- Pick 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves, wash, and pat dry. Roughly chop and add to the bowl.
- Chop the peanuts and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, sesame oil, and Sriracha. Pour over the slaw and toss well with tongs.