A favorite of VINES Board of Directors Vice President, David Levenson. Rated E for EASY!
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small pan, bring cider to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down slightly and continue to boil until reduced by about half, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool to warm room temperature, then stir in vinegar.
2. Put cabbage, mustard seeds, celery seeds, sugar and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour in cider mixture, and toss well to coat.
Recipe adapted from: http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014788-simple-slaw