Simple Green Smoothie
This is a great way to freeze greens!
The Simple Green Smoothie Formula make 2 servings - 32 oz with 60% fruits to 40% leafy greens
2 cups liquid base: water, coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk
3 cups ripe fruit: banana, mango, berries, orange, avocado, peach, pear, apple, pineapple, grapes
Blend leafy greens and liquid base together first. You can simply freeze this and add fruits later or add fruits now, blend again, and then freeze.
INGREDIENTS (In our smoothie!)
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 banana
- In a food processor or blender combine ingredients and pulse until fully blended.
- Enjoy fresh or freeze for later!
Having some issues with your first smoothies blend? Check out these tips to help!
- Too Thick: add small amounts of water, milk, or juice
- Too Thin: Use or add frozen fruit (especially bananas), ad more ice, or add frozen yogurt
- Too Bitter: pineapple and oranges both add lots of fruity sweetness. Banana, in addition to being sweet, seems to neutralize bitter flavors. Strawberries are also good choice for green smoothies. Flavred protein powders can also mask the taste of bitter greens.
- Too Sweet: Add a touch of lemon juice or frozen lemonade concentrate.
- Not Sweet Enough: Add honey, agave, maple syrup, Stevia, dates, grapes, or a little sugar. Using watermelon in place of water will sweeten a smoothie.
Ideas adapted from: https://www.vitamix.com/6-tips-and-tricks-for-your-first-blends