Savory Green Pancakes w/ Swiss Chard
A delicious naturally green recipe that can be made for brunch or a quick dinner! Serve with a side salad or with a fried egg on top.
• 2 cups whole milk
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
• 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• Leaves from 10 parsley sprigs
• 1 bunch swiss chard
• Olive oil
1. Put everything except the Swiss chard in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Scrape down the sides, then add chard including the leaves and stems. Pulse until you reach desired consistency.
3. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Add olive oil to coat. Heat until oil is hot.
4. Ladle batter ¼ cup at a time and cook until lightly browned on one side. Flip, and cook (about 1 minute per side).
5. Transfer to a cooling rack or paper towel lined plate. Serve and enjoy!
Batter can be stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from [https://www.earlymorningfarm.com/green-pancakes/]