- 1 small head cabbage, about 2 ½ pounds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Cut the cabbage in half. With cut side down, thinly slice cabbage around the core as if preparing coleslaw.
2. Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, salt and pepper and sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and brown. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten in Barefoot Contessa Parties, Dinner by Firelight, 2001