Sunchokes are starchy like potatoes and turnips. When roasted, the skin becomes flakey and the flesh becomes tender. Sunchokes have a unique nutty and sweet flavor. Try this easy recipe with family and friends for a unique side dish!
- 1 pound sunchokes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Scrub sunchokes (do not need to peel!) and cut out eyes. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. Mix olive oil, thyme, garlic, and sea salt together in a large bowl; add Jerusalem artichoke pieces and toss to coat. Arrange coated pieces in one evenly-spaced layer on a baking sheet.
4. Roast in the preheated oven until Jerusalem artichokes are tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231247/roasted-jerusalem-artichokes-or-sunchokes/