Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Dip
This dip is great with toasted pita chips, but can also be used as a spread on a sandwich. If you have a lot of eggplant, make a large batch and freeze the leftovers. That way, you can enjoy summer in any season.
• 1 large or 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into chunks
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic
• Olive oil
• 2 tbsp – ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss veggies together and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep cilantro to the side.
2. Spread on a cookie sheet without overcrowding.
3. Roast the veggies for 30-40 minutes, turning every 10-15.
4. Once the veggies are tender and caramelized, cool.
5. Pulse in a food processor along with the cilantro until they make a thick paste. Serve or freeze.
Recipe adapted from [Kate Miller-Corcoran, our fearless Farm Share Coordinator]