Roasted Corn Nuts
Your favorite snack just became easy to make at home. These simply seasoned kernels taste great alone or mixed into a trail mix to provide the perfect sweet and salty combo!
- 1 bag of Giant White Corn (or 3 cups cooked corn)
- 4 tbsp. coconut, vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
1. If using dry corn, soak corn overnight for 12-14 hours. Rinse and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F.
3. Toss corn with oil, sugar and salt.
4. On a non-stick baking sheet (or sheet with parchment paper), place corn in a single layer.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes or until slightly browned. Every 10 minutes stir corn on baking sheet.
6. Remove immediately once they brown, as corn can burn quickly.
Recipe adapted from: http://brooklynfarmgirl.com/2013/08/07/roasted-corn-kernel-nuts/