Roasted Beets & Swiss Chard Greens
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1 bunch of beets, with greens
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Wash beets and greens, leaving the skins on. Remove greens and slice into 2-inch pieces.
2. Place the beets in salted boiling water and let simmer until tender, for 25 minutes. Drain and let cool in cold water. Rub skin off.
3. When beets have cooled off, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions, garlic, and beets and cook for 5 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and the beet greens and cook for 1 minute, until the greens wilt.
4. Add the butter and a little water, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Keep warm and serve with meat of choice.
Recipe adapted from Chuck Hughes @ cookingchanneltv.com