Quick Ranch Dressing
Together, mayonnaise and buttermilk form the base of ranch dressing. Feel free to use regular milk and lemon juice or vinegar as a substitute for buttermilk. Just remember the base formula: 1 part mayo to 2 parts buttermilk, with a dash of salt and pepper, and build from there by adding some herbs. Make this dressing a little ahead and stick it back in the fridge to give it time to thicken up. This dressing will last a few days in the fridge, so make some extra!
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives, mint , and/or parsley, optional
1. Whisk together the buttermilk and mayonnaise.
2. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. If desired, whisk in vinegar, garlic powder, and herbs.
4. Refrigerate until serving and up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from http://www.thekitchn.com/essential-recipe-quick-ranch-dressing-recipes-from-the-kitchn-191714