Potato & Roasted Garlic Soup
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Place potatoes in a shallow roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper; stir to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are browned. Reserve 1 cup of roasted potatoes.
3. In a 3 quart saucepan heat remaining oil; saute onions for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and garlic and stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
4. Spoon half of broth mixture into a blender; blend until nearly smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture; return all to pot. Stir in milk and season with salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with reserved roasted potatoes.
Recipe adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/23153/roasted-garlic-potato-soup/