Pesto with Any Herb
Traditionally made with fresh basil for a delicious pasta sauce, pesto can be made with a variety of herbs and used in many other ways. From drizzling on roasted veggies to spreading on sandwiches, pizzas or marinating chicken or fish, pesto is a fresh way to liven up any meal!
- 3 cups tightly packed herbs or green of choice
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pine nuts (or sunflower seeds, both optional)
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Add all ingredients except for the oil in a food processor. Pulse 4-5 times until the ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Slowly add in oil and process to your desired consistency. You can make the sauce completely smooth or leave it fairly chunky.
- Transfer to a sealable jar and refrigerate for up to 10 days or freeze.
Cheeses: Parmesan, Gruyere, cheddar, asiago
Nuts and seeds: pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
Oils: olive oil, avocado oil, almond oil, grape seed oil, pumpkin oil
Recipe adapted from: http://www.ehow.com/how_12341043_make-pesto-herb.html?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=freestyle&utm_campaign=fanpage&crlt.pid=camp.MCHdOcncMe7Q