Pasta with Sauteed Greens
Greens can easily pile up in your crisper drawer in the summer season. This recipe is quick and simple and can be amended to your taste. It’s a great way to use up a whole bunch of hardy greens such as kale or collards.
• 1 bunch of hardy greens such as kale
• 1/2 pound any type of pasta on hand
• 4 tbsp Olive Oil
• 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
• 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
• Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Pull the green’s leaves from the woody stem and tear them into small 1 to 2 inch pieces. Rinse the greens well in a colander under cool running water and drain.
2. Meanwhile, place a large pot of generously salted water on the stove to boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook as directed on the box. Drain.
3. Into a medium sauce pan over medium/low heat, add the oil. Once warm, add the minced garlic.
4. Stir frequently for about 3 minutes until the garlic is golden. Add the greens and stir to combine. If the greens are looking dry, add water 1 tbsp at a time and cover to keep in moisture.
5. Add salt and pepper generously along with the can of tomato sauce. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add cooked pasta to sauce pan. Toss to combine and serve.
Recipe adapted from [https://bellalimento.com/2012/01/18/spaghetti-with-kale-and-tomato-sauce/]