Pasta with Pesto & Greens
This is a quick, easy meal to throw together at the end of a long day. It can also use a lot of greens, if they are starting to take over your fridge. I personally like to use cheese tortellini in this recipe but any pasta will do.
• 1T of olive oil
• 2-4 garlic scapes or garlic cloves, very finely chopped
• Handful of hearty greens such as kale, spinach, mustard greens, swiss chard, etc. with stalks removed
• 3T Pesto
• ¼-1/2 cup water
• salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, cook the pasta according to package directions
2. While that is cooking heat olive oil in pan and sauté garlic scapes/cloves for 2 min on low heat.
3. Rip greens into 2-3 inch pieces and toss into pan. Pour a ¼ c of water into pan and stir greens to wilt. Use more water if needed. Let cook for 5 minutes.
4. Combine drained pasta, greens and pesto in a large bowl and serve.
Recipe from your Farm Share Coordinator, Kate Miller-Corcoran.