Oven-Roasted Whole Cauliflower
Skip the chopping and cook the whole cauliflower immediately! This recipes serves 4 and takes about 40 minutes, with little to no effort.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Trim the outer leaves off the cauliflower and cut the stem flush with the rest of the head so it can sit striaght. Then place the cauliflower in a 4 1/2 quart Dutch oven or a dish that has a lid large enough the cover the cauliflower head. Check the lid for proper fitting and trim the base of the cauliflower if necessary.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and rub it all over the cauliflower with your fingertips, or a brush, until completely coated.
- Put the lid on and place it in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until tender
- Take the lid off, set the oven to broil and place the cauliflower under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until it gets golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the cooked cauliflower to a plate and garnish with a handful of fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of oil, if desired.
Recipe adapted from https://thehealthyfoodie.com/oven-baked-whole-roasted-cauliflower/