No Pasta Zucchini Lasagna
FOR SAUSAGE SEASONING
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed fennel seed
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Italian Sausage seasoning (see recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 medium size summer squash (yellow, zucchini, or eggplant)
- Using a peeler or box grater (wide holes, looks like a smile) and make noodles
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the Italian sausage seasoning to hot oil, stir, and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in crushed tomatoes and pesto.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg in a large bowl.
- Take a baking dish which fits into crock-pot (optional: line with parchment paper)
- Add a layer of sauce (about a cup) to bottom of baking dish.
- Follow sauce layer with a layer of 1/3 of squash noodles.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese mix and add another 1/3 of squash noodles followed by the rest of the cheese mix on top of squash noodles.
- Put last 1/3 of squash noodle on top.
- Top with sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Put 1 inch of water in crock-pot, placing lasagna baking dish carefully in.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. (Can place on stay warm after cooking for 6 hours).