Maple Roasted Celeriac
This recipe can be enjoyed as is for a light and unique side. For a heartier dish, a variation including apples and bacon may also be done. To do so, simply add cubed apples to the roasted celiac, for an additional 8-10 minutes. When making the glaze, start with a tablespoon of bacon fat from cooking and add the maple syrup, bringing it all to a boil while scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Add the bacon to the glaze and then follow the recipe accordingly.
- 1 large celeriac with skin removed, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley, rosemary, or thyme
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Mix the chopped celeriac with olive oil, salt, and pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roast the mixture until it begins to brown (about 12-15 minutes).
2. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and cayenne pepper together. Toss the glaze gently with the cooked celeriac, and let roast for an additional 5 minutes.
Recipe adapted from http://www.earlymorningfarm.com/maple-roasted-celeriac/.