Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- ½ tablespoon cooking oil of choice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or ¼ tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, finely chopped and divided
- 12 small-medium sized lettuce leaves
- ½ cup bell pepper (color of choice), chopped
- 2 tablespoon onions, chopped
● 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger.
2. Add one-half of the chopped mango to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until the sauce is very thick; let cool.
3. Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves; top each with the remaining mango, bell pepper, onion and cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Price Chopper Mailer of Seasonal Favorites