- 4 medium Kohlrabi bulbs washed and peeled
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Plain Yogurt (optional)
1. Shred kohlrabi, and squeeze out excess moisture.
2. Combine all ingredients except oil in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet.
4. Sprinkle Kohlrabi with additional Bread Crumbs on each side before putting in skillet.
5. Fry Kohlrabi mixture in batches, sautéing until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Serve with bowl of Plain Yogurt as condiment.
Notes: Really, really squeeze the Kohlrabi after shredding. It has a lot of moisture.
Use ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger if using any less than 4 Kohlrabi bulbs.
Substitute Onion Powder for onions (or really finely mince Onion).
Substitute Sour Cream for yogurt.
by Joseph Picalila, Main Street Farms CSA Member