Kohlrabi and Apple Slaw
This easy slaw is a perfect pairing for a hearty stew, pork chop, or even vegetarian latkes. It will keep for a day or two dressed. Kohlrabi is also delicious roasted or made into fritters.
• 1 Large Kohlrabi, peeled
• 1 Apple
• Juice from ½ a lemon
• ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
• 1 tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
• Optional – hard cheese like Gruyere or Parmesan to shave over top
1. Slice the apples and the peeled kohlrabi into matchsticks, keep separate.
2. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the juice from half of a lemon.
3. Whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup, oil, and mustard in a small bowl.
4. Toss the vinaigrette with the salad and shave the cheese over top if desired.
Recipe adapted from [https://www.earlymorningfarm.com/apple-kohlrabi-slaw-with-maple-vinaigrette/]