Honey Roasted Cumin Carrots
These Honey Roasted Cumin Carrots are a perfect side dish for any dinner. You can easily switch things up by swapping in cinnamon, thyme, sage, or rosemary for the cumin!
- 1 lb carrots
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Trim away the carrot greens (you may leave 1 inch of green for presentation, if desired)
- Peel and place in a large bowl. You may chop them into any size you desire!
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss with the carrots until they're evenly coated.
- Lay the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle any remaining liquid from the bowl on top.
- Roast for approximately 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until lightly caramelized and tender. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve hot.
Note: For an alternative version, try cutting te honey in half to 1 1/2 tablespoons and adding 1 1/2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from http://helloglow.co/honey-roasted-carrots-cumin/