- 1 medium to large eggplant
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine (optional)
- Your choice of the following seasonings: dill, basil, oregano, black pepper, onion powder, celery seed, salt
1. Take a shallow pan or baking dish with sides and pour olive oil, red wine and seasonings into it.
2. Mix seasoning so that it is evenly distributed.
3. Cut eggplant into slices 3/4 to 1 inch thick and place in pan to soak up oil.
4. After 5 minutes, turn the slices so they absorb as much liquid as possible, adding oil if necessary.
5. Place on grill over medium to medium low heat. Allow 3-5 minutes a side until eggplant becomes tender. Serve with a dipping sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or plain.
Recipe from SnapToMarket.com