Green Falafel w/ Collards (Vegan)
Green falafels are easy to make and fun to eat! Packed with protein from chickpeas and your daily needs of vitamins A, C K and calcium from collards, these taste great over a salad, rice, or tossed into a wrap with hummus. Any way will ensure one hearty meal!
- 3 large green collard leaves, washed, stems removed
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. chickpea flour or GF flour alternative
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
1. Roll up collard leaves and blitz in a food processor until fine.
2. Drain chickpeas and add them to the processor to pulse until broken up.
3. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Add in the salt, garlic powder, and lime juice. Mix well.
4. Add chickpea flour to the mix until you can form patties.
5. Heat a large pan with the oil and add the patties once the oil is hot. Pan-fry on medium-high heat for 7 minutes on each side. Patties should be crispy on the outside and softer on the inside.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-gluten-free-green-falafel/