Fennel and Orange Salad
This salad is bright, fresh, flavorful and comes together in 10 minutes with just 5 ingredients. It makes a great starter or side salad to just about any meal.
• 2 Medium or 1 Large Bulb of Fennel, Cut into Half Moon Slices
• 1 11oz Can of Mandarin Oranges, Some Liquid Reserved
• 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
• ¼ tsp Dried Thyme, more or less to taste
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 Small Red Onion, Cut into Half Moon Slices, optional
1. Remove the tops and bottom off the fennel. Slice into half-moon slices and add to a large salad bowl. If using red onion, slice the same way and add to the bowl.
2. Open and drain the Mandarin oranges, reserving some of the liquid. Add the oranges to the bowl with the other vegetables.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil along with the spice. Add a splash of the reserved orange juice.
4. Add the dressing to the salad, toss and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from [https://food52.com/recipes/34507-orange-fennel-salad-with-white-balsamic-vinaigrette]