Egg Stuffed Peppers
- 3 sweet bell peppers, red, orange or yellow
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into a large dice, about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup brandy (OR use water, white grape juice or apple juice.)
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F°.
- Cut peppers in half and remove ribs and seeds. Place cut side up in shallow microwave safe bowl or dish.
- Add 1/3 cup water to bowl. Sprinkle peppers with kosher salt and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat and melt butter and olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add butternut squash, thyme leaves and kosher salt and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add brandy. Return to heat and cook for 4-5 more minutes until brandy has cooked down and squash has softened and is easily pierced with a fork.
- Keep warm and add Ricotta and Feta cheese. Taste and season with more salt if desired.