Egg Drop Soup
Make this simple soup in a short amount of time! A great way to use up any Napa Cabbage you may have. If you want to freeze for later use – hold the eggs and put in after thawed and warmed.
- 32oz stock, chicken or vegetable
- 32oz water (refill the stock container with water)
- 4 leaves Napa cabbage, chopped, about 2 cups
- 3 spring onions, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 3 garlic scapes, chopped, about 1/2 cup *minced garlic can be subbed
- 1/4 soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 chicken sausages **optional
1. In large pot bring to boil all ingredients except eggs. Reduce to simmer and simmer about 5 minutes.
2. Lightly beat 3 eggs
3. Slowly pour eggs into pot.
4. Simmer another 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Marissa Cuthbertson-Jackson, Binghamton Farm Share Member and Blogger at http://mrscutjack.blogspot.com/.