Edamame Rice Burger
This healthy, easy vegan burger is bursting with an array of spices that blend perfectly together for a savory, rich flavor while the rice provides a slightly sweet, earthy flavor.
- 1 2/3 cups edamame
- 1 cup rice, uncooked plus 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed plus 6 tbsp. water- mixthem together in a small bowl until mixture becomes thick and sticky. Let sit 10 minutes.
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp.: ground cumin, paprika
- 1/2 tsp.: turmeric, oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional for spice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Follow package instructions for cooking the rice. Keep covered once cooked.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add in the edamame. Boil uncovered for 5 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. When the edamame is cool to touch, remove the beans from the pods and place them in a bowl.
3. In a food processor, pulse the edamame until it looks like tiny pebbles. Add in remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball.
4. Form the mixture into patties and cook in a skillet with oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the patties are firm and browned. Or bake at 375 F 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve on a bun, over a bed of spinach with sriracha drizzled on top, or dip in soy sauce.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.veganosity.com/edamame-rice-burger/