- 1 15-ounce can of edamame (soybeans) or 1 16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 2 garlic scapes or green garlic shoots, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil (sesame if available)
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Open can of edamame or cook frozen edamame according to package directions.
- Remove thin skins from beans.
- Trim ends of garlic scapes; dice scapes or shoots into small pieces.
- Place edamame, garlic, water, lemon juice, tahini and oil in a food processor or blender; pulse for about 8-10 minutes until a thick paste forms, scraping the sides down occasionally.
- Season with salt; garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve with veggies or crackers.
- Refrigerate any unused portion for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from http://www.dailygarnish.com/2012/07/garlic-scape-edamame-hummus.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DailyGarnish+%28Daily+Garnish%29