INGREDIENTS – FOR EACH SANDWICH
- 2 thick slices whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices cucumber
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 ounce pepperoncini, sliced (OPTIONAL)
- ½ avocado, mashed (OPTIONAL)
1. Spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese.
2. Arrange cucumbers in a single layer on one slice; cover with sprouts and sprinkle with oil and vinegar. Layer tomato slices, lettuce and pepperoncini (if using).
3. Spread remaining slice of bread with mashed avocado (if using). Close sandwich and serve immediately.
Adapted from a recipe submitted by REDVELVT22 at allrecipes.com