This pesto can be used with pasta, as a filling, with chicken in a taco, or mixed with cottage cheese to create a tortilla chip dip. Freeze for future use if warranted by lining an ice cube tray with plastic wrap and filling the cube spaces with pesto. when frozen, remove form the ice cube tray and place in a sealed freezer bag for future use.
- 1 cup cilantro, large stems removed
- 1/4 blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, red if available
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped and seeded chili, or chili powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or salad oil of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, except oil.
- Pulse until well-blended.
- Pour oil into the processor or blender while still operating in a slow, steady stream.
- Add addition oil, if needed.
Recipe adapted from http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cilantro_pesto/