Cherry Garcia Brownies
Imagine the Ben & Jerry's ice cream, but in brownie form!
- Butter and flour, for greasing the pan
- 1 box of brownie mix, and the ingredients on the box
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 sugar
- 2/3 cup cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-in x 8-in baking dish with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, egg, and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Dollop the cream cheese-cherry mixture over the brownie layer, then run knife through mixture and batter to create a swirled effect.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownie comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan completely, then slice into small squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a48932/cherry-garcia-brownies-recipe/