Cauliflower is a veggie with a very mild flavor and it lends itself well to many dishes. With no special tools needed, it's really easy to make for a healthy and delicious rice alternative!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and shake cauliflower dry.
- Cut into quarters removing any outer leaves or tough stems.
- Coarsely grate cauliflower in a large bowl or pulse in a food processor in small batches until the cauliflower is the size of grains of rice.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan and cook riced cauliflower for about 5 minutes or until softened.
**Note: Cauliflower rice can be oven roasted on a foil-covered pan at 425F for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly dried and fluffy. Stir once halfway through cooking time!
Recipe adapted from https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cauliflower-rice/