Carrots & Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch-thick pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (substitute with balsamic, red, or white wine vinegar)
- Optional: for more flavor, try adding garlic or other herbs
- Cook onions in 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, brussels sprouts, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetable begin to brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and cover skillet, then cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes
- Stir in vinegar, remaining tablespoon butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe adapted from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Carrots-and-Brussels-Sprouts-241514