Carrot, Zucchini, Chickpea Fritters
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (1.5 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 to 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs or more flour
- Oil as needed
- (The following ingredients constitute a spice blend. Other spices may be substituted)
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 green chili, or cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp.: cumin, coriander, pepper, salt (crushed spices preferred)
- 1/4 tsp.: cinnamon, cardamom
- 1 tbsp. flax seed meal or chia seed meal (optional)
1. Grate/shred zucchini and add to a bowl. Pat-dry if there is too much moisture.
2. Grate or process (any vegetables) carrots, ginger, garlic, and chili in a food processor until shredded. Add to zucchini bowl.
3. Process chickpeas until coarsely blended, not fully a paste. Add to bowl.
4. Spice blend: Heat oil in a small skillet and add cumin, coriander and black pepper. Roast until fragrant. Combine spices in the bowl with cinnamon, cardamom, salt, flour, and flax. Add breadcrumbs if needed.
5. Form patties and cook with oil in a skillet over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
6. Or bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
7. Serve alongside our favorite sauce.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.veganricha.com/2015/08/carrot-zucchini-chickpea-fritters-vegan-recipe.html