- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Few drops of cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ½ cup black beans
- Tortilla shells (makes 8 – 8inch tacos but size is optional)
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese for topping (optional)
1. Pour 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan; add cumin, chili powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Add carrots and return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain carrots.
2. Divide rice, beans and carrots among tortillas. Then pile on lettuce, cheese and any other tasty toppings you’d like.
Recipe adapted from http://www.parents.com/recipe/carrot-tacos/