Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots.
- In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger.
- Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake in the top third of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe from 101 Cookbooks http://www.101cookbooks.com/