Carrot & Cauliflower Tots
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 large carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, white parts only
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Boil water in a large pan with salt. Add cauliflower and carrots; boil for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry and set aside to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, cheeses, oregano, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Add cooled cauliflower and carrots to a food processor. Pulse several times until uniformly chopped, but not too fine. Add cheese mixture to processor and pulse and additional 5-6 times until well combined.
6. Spoon 2 tbsps. Of mixture in your hand and shape into ovals. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the tots and continue baking for an additional 9 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let stand several minutes before serving with your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from: http://diethood.com/garlicky-cheesy-carrots-and-cauliflower-tots/