Buttered Leeks & Radishes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil of choice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 scallions or spring onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ pound radishes, quartered
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, cleaned and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the radishes and cook 1 more minute. Remove the radishes and scallions from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the leeks, stock or broth, salt and lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the parsley, scallions and radishes and toss well.
Recipe adapted from http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/buttered-leeks-radishes.