Brussels Sprouts Roasted w/ Pecans
The autumn flavor of roasted Brussels sprouts shines through this recipe, highlighted by sweet and crunchy pecans. Brussels sprouts are a very versatile vegetable that can be used several ways such as boiled, sautéed, braised, and roasted, as seen here. They also have a dense nutritional profile. Recipe serves 8 as a side dish.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix the sliced Brussels sprouts, chopped pecans, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the Brussels sprouts so that they are cut-side down.
2. Roast until golden and tender, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/roasted-brussels-sprouts-pecans