Broccoli, Potato & Bacon Hash
Use a paring knife or vegetable peeler to peel away the tough, outer layer of skin on the broccoli stem. Try to keep your potatoes diced small - the larger the potatoes, the longer it will take to cook.INGREDIENTS
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2" dice
- Stem of 1 head of broccoli, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice (about 1 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
2. Add the potatoes to the pan and brown the potatoes on each side, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Stir in the onions, cook for 2 minutes, then add in the broccoli and the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in 1 tablespoon of water and cover. Let cook for 3 minutes. Check to make sure that the potato is cooked through.
4. Add the cooked bacon pieces back into the pan and season with salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
Recipe from www.steamykitchen.com/20996-broccoli-potato-bacon-hash-recipe.html