Breakfast for Dinner Casserole
Perfect for the nights when you’re in the mood for breakfast, but it’s dinner time. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ lb. turkey or pork breakfast sausage, casings removed
- 1 ½ cups spinach, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ cups shredded cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 325˚ F. Mist a 9-by-13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and both bell peppers until almost tender, about 8 minutes. Add sausage, stirring to break up meat; sauté until brown, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle in spinach and stir until wilted, about 1 minute.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and, pepper until blended. Spoon sausage mixture evenly in pan, then pour egg mixture over it. Sprinkle cheddar on top.
4. Bake until eggs are no longer runny and cheese is melted and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Lisa Halbach of Pensacola, Florida.